Walk to Bring Infertility Awareness
This week, April 23-29, is National Infertility Awareness Week. Infertility affects over 7.3 million women in America, but many are too embarrassed to share their stories. Even in the Christian community, the prevalence of infertility and miscarriage remains a largely unspoken reality, leaving women to bear this burden alone. It doesn’t need to be this way. It shouldn’t. I’ve written many words on why we need to speak out against the loneliness of this fight and the power it gives us to name the thing we fight and fear. But I’m just one person. This week gives a voice to anyone willing to use it.
Here’s what I’m doing:
1. I’m teaming up with Susie, from Suzlyfe, an infertility warrior and athlete, and Liz, a registered dietician and creator of Bumps to Baby to raise awareness.
2. I’m wearing my Live, Laugh, Love t-shirt.
3. I’m participating in the Virtual Walk for Hope on the 29th.
Here’s what you can do:
1.Check out the Calendar of Events and find something in your area.
2. Buy a Live, Laugh, Love t-shirt! They’re for a great cause and $1 from every shirt will go to promote Resolve, the National Infertility Association. You can purchase one here.
Here’s the logo if you want to a sneak peak:
3. Sign the petition and join the Walk of Hope on Saturday, the 29th! I’ll be out walking with the family.
4. And lastly, join me in praying for those who are still battling infertility. Prayers are power. I have experienced the power of prayer to comfort, to heal, and to help me “cry out.” I will be walking and praying on Saturday.
If you’re new here and curious about my own struggle with infertility, here is a bit of my story: